Total Dividends Earned from Retirement Accounts for the first half of 2014: $5,226.74
- Jan: $776.78
- Feb: $785.05
- Mar: $1,178.67
- Apr: $677.77
- May: $803.44
- June: $1,005.03
Strategies and Lessons Learned:
- Less is more. Concentrating on a limited number of quality stocks.
- Boring is a good way to make money in the stock market. Don’t do anything just because I’m compelled to take some sort of action. Do Nothing sometimes is a good thing.
- The market is unpredictable
- Cost basis does matter
- Have a plan
- Don’t improvise, stick to my plan
- Only own stocks that I understand
- Patience is a virtue, especially when buying
- When a quality stock drops to my preset price, BUY, BUY and BUY as it falls more below my original price. I regret that I didn’t buy enough at the end of descending because of fear, fear of not knowing how low it will drop. Have no fear, especially if the FED is intervening.
- Raise and repeat
The stock market is at all time high now and it’s really hard for me to add or initiate a new position. They are all above my buy limits. I’m waiting for a correction to implement my above-mentioned strategies.