The 2015 USA Taekwondo Nationals will be hosted in Austin, Texas. Unlike 2014 Nationals, we’ll plan our family vacation around this event.
Estimated Driving Nonstop Hour: 21 hours
Estimated Nonstop Gas Costs: $500+
Estimated Van Rental: $900+. Do we really need to rent a van? Yes.
Estimated Hotel: About 14+ nights? Need to get the ones that have swimming pools when heading to Austin, Texas. It doesn’t matter that much on the way back.
- Columbus, Ohio (no sightseeing period)
- Louisville, Kentucky (no sightseeing when leaving; sightseeing when coming back, stop for 1/2 day)
- Nashville, Tennessee (no sightseeing when leaving; sightseeing when coming back, stop for 1/2 day)
- Memphis, Tennessee (no sightseeing when leaving; sightseeing when coming back, stop for 1 day)
- Little Rock, Arkansas (sightseeing when leaving, stop for 1 day)
- Dallas, Texas (no sightseeing when leaving; stop for 1 day or 2 days when coming back)
- Austin, Texas (destination stop, stop for 3 – 4 days)
Additional Cities to Visit (sightseeing when coming back):
- San Antonio, Texas (1 day)
- Houston, Texas (1 day)
- Hot Springs, Arkansas (1/2 day)
- Diamond City, Arkansas (1/2 day)
Things to Bring:
- Taekwondo Related
- Changing clothes
- Swim suits
- Sun screen
- Electric skillet
- Food/snacks, water for on the road
Updated 8-22-1014: Adventurer Jr. decided that he would take a long break from competitive Tae Kwon Do. So this trip planning would be obsolete. We’ll stick with our original plan to take a vacation in Cancun, Mexico.