- 20 large or jumbo raw shrimp without its head, deveined, butterflied three-quarters, with the tails on.
- 3/4 cups of sweetened coconut flakes
- 4 eggs
- Coating mix:
- 1 tsp. of onion powder
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- Salt, to taste
- Chili powder, to taste
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumb
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lightly coating it with coconut oil or cooking oil.
- Stir the coating mix ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a second bowl, beat the eggs.
- In a third bowl, place the coconut flakes.
- Dip the shrimp first into the egg, then in the coating mix, then dip back in the egg, and finally coat the body with coconut again.
- Stand the shrimp on the butterflied section on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until coconut is golden brown. The tails and 1/4 of the lower body should rise and the shrimps look like swimming fishes.
- Serve with orange dipping sauce.