- 2 to 3 cups cooking oil, for frying
- 1 package of cleaned calamari, tubes cut into 1/2 inch rings and legs
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the oil to a small fry pan and heat up.
- Combine the flour, pepper and salt.
- Toss 1/3 of the calamari in the seasoned flour.
- Carefully drop the calamari into the hot oil.
- The oil should bubble gently.
- When the calamari looks pale golden, remove from the hot oil.
- Drain it on paper towels.
- Repeat until all the calamari is fried.
- Cool for at least 5 minutes and serve with orange dipping sauce.